my good photographer friend, smita, invited me to the neiman marcus boston presentation of spring fashion trends yesterday morning, hosted by anamaria pImental, nm accessories fashion director. i was only there for a brief time, but got the whole spring story targeting the following upcoming trends :)
1. BLUE - one of the hit colors for the spring is blue…not just cobalt, but turquoise, navy…every hue :) whether an entire outfit or a pop of the bright color, there are many ways to incorporate blue into your closet. featured items…cobalt blue saint laurent purse, prada handbag & judith leiber prince william frog minauderie.
2. SHOES - pretty much anything goes here…platforms, pumps, flats, stilettos….studs, colorblocking…it’s all still relevant. there’s also definitely a resurgent in the “gladiator” sandals from years past. i think strappy shoes are always in style, so no need to call them gladiators specifically. featured item…charlotte olympia kitty flats.
3. ORANGE - another popular color for the spring…whether bold & citrusy or subtle & peachy. orange is a hard color for me. i can’t tell if it’s unflattering for my coloring or not. however i’ll definitely have to try with it being so popular! featured item…alexander mcqueen dress (similar)
4. BAGS - bigger handbags seem to be making a comeback, also more multifunctional. bags with both short handles & convertible longer straps to transition into shoulder or crossbody ease. as a bonus, get one matching one of the color stories above & voilá…2 trends at once :) featured item…stella mccartney fringe tote bag.
5. RELAXED CHIC - this i can actually get down with. clothes that are more comfortable, but you don’t have to resort to yoga pants & hooded zipups. flowy silk pants, a simple cardigan or vest over fit & flare dresses, unstructured jackets. i’ve always been down for flared skirts, so glad the trend is catching up to me…hahaha! also, i’m planning a DIY involving more the “sporty” side of relaxed chic…wait for it…wait for it ^_^
6. PRINT ON PRINT - *very* glad to see this is still popular. i’ve been a fan of print mixing from the start. it can be challenging, but it’s fun! if it seems too intimidating, think like the photo above, mix a print with texture instead & stick to a simple color scheme.
it was a really fun presentation & i was glad to see what’s hot & upcoming for spring. as a final note, how *CUTE* is my buddy, smita? i like her photographer stance with heel down & toes up! talk about having signature style!